Monday 22 July 2024

I KNOW WHOM I BELIEVED!.

 EVERYDAY IN THE WORD!


MONDAY JULY 22, 2024. 


SUBJECT : I KNOW WHOM I BELIEVED!.


Memory verse: "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and I am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." (Second Timothy 1 vs 12.)


READ: Romans 8 vs  35 - 39:

8:35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

8:36: As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are counted as sheep for the slaughter."

8:37: Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

8:38: For I am persuaded that neither things present nor things to come,

8:39: Nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


INTIMATION:

How many of us can proudly say, "I know Whom I have believed." But the apostle Paul, in our memory verse, affirmed his total confidence, and trust in God, especially in times of tribulations, to protect him. This is not a claim of strong faith, rather, it is a trust in the One so powerful that even a weak or little faith, as small as a mustard seed, is sufficient in all circumstances. His confidence in Christ was as a result of his intimate relationship with Him. He made this very challenging statement in his Epistle, because he knew whom he trusted with personal knowledge; he knew Christ so well that no earthly experience could break the bond of love by which Christ held him. 


In the passage we read today, the apostle Paul reaffirms God's profound love for His people. It contains one of the most comforting promises in all Scriptures. Believers have always had to face hardships in many forms; persecution, illness, imprisonment, hardship, and even death. These sometimes cause them to fear that they have been abandoned by Christ. But nothing can possibly separate us from Christ. His demeaning death on the cross for us is proof of His unconquerable love for us. 


No matter the problems or setbacks we face, we can trust fully in God knowing that He is still in control, and there is nothing too difficult for Him to handle. It is for this reason we should cast all our cares upon Him, knowing He cares for us, and victory is ours through our Lord Jesus Christ. Whatever has been committed to Him, we are assured that He will keep until the day of His coming again. For He has promised thus: "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. This is the Will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise them up at the last day." (John 6 vs 37 & 39.)


Jesus said He would not lose even one person whom the Father had given Him. Thus, anyone who makes a sincere commitment to believe in Jesus Christ as Savior is secure in God's promise of everlasting life. He will not let His people be overcome by Satan and lose their salvation. 


Our victory is our faith in God, knowing that whatever is born of Him overcomes the world (First John 5 vs 4). We are sons of God, and will always triumph in Christ. In our walk as believers, we partner with Christ all through the race, with more weight resting on His bigger shoulders than ours, Someone with more pulling power upfront helping, and compelling us to run the race to the end so as to obtain the crown of glory kept for us. In Christ we are participating in life's responsibilities with a great Partner, who has promised to give us rest from our labor, and heavy laden (Matthew 11 vs 28).


The apostle Paul's trust and confidence in God was conc. that even the persecutions he suffered, and his imprisonment couldn't stop his ministry. He was writing the churches from prison, and carried on his ministry through others like his spiritual son Timothy. While in prison, he had lost all his material possessions, but he would never lose his faith. He trusted God to use him regardless of his circumstances. He so trusted God that he was not bothered about his bleak situation. He gave all his concerns to Christ, trusting Him to guard his faith and safely guard all he has entrusted to Him until the day of His return.


I know Whom I believed. I know that nothing about me is impossible with Him, and nothing about me is difficult for Him. I know in returning and rest in Him will I be saved, and in quietness and confidence in Him shall I draw my strength. This, I say of me, is true for all believers. Therefore, believe in the Lord your God, and you will be saved. 


Prayer: Abba Father, You are the only God, and there is no other. It is in my trust and confidence in You I draw my strength. I cast my cares upon You because You cares for me. I rejoice, therefore, that I have confidence in You in all thing. Help me to comprehend the breadth, and length, and depth, and height of the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that I may be filled with all the fullness of God, in Jesus' Name I have prayed. Amen.

PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments:

Featured post

Prayer Against Evil Pattern

 PRAYER AGAINST EVIL PATTERN. Today, we're praying against evil pattern in our lives and family. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed a...