Friday 9 August 2024

OUR FRIENDSHIP WITH JESUS!

 EVERYDAY IN THE WORD!


FRIDAY AUGUST 09, 2024.


SUBJECT : OUR FRIENDSHIP WITH JESUS!


Memory verse: ".....There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18 vs 24.)


READ: John 15 vs 9 - 16:

15:9: As the Father loved Me, I also love you, abide in My love.

15:10: If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

15:11: These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

15:12: This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

15:13: Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

15:14: You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

15:15: No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

15:16: You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.


INTIMATION:

Jesus Christ is our Friend. He is a friend Who sticks close, listens, cares, and offers help when it is needed, both in good and bad. He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother, even than the clothes we put on. Friendship with Jesus, because of His special ways, brings warmth and beauty to our heart. His goodness and kindness brighten us up so much and make many happy moments start. The apostle Paul, in the Book of Ephesians, gives the believers a rich understanding of the scope of God's eternal purposes and blessings, along with His high standard for us.


Friendship with Him ensures enjoying His presence at all times. He is ever ready to listen, and really understands and cares. He sees the best in us and helps us grow. He is a friend who knows our hopes and fears and all we're dreaming of, who is on our side in everything we do. He is a friend full of love and will give us joy our whole life through.


In the passage we read today, Jesus unequivocally told us what to do to ensure our friendship with Him brings the promised reward of abiding in His love. And to abide in His love we should keep His commandment. What is His commandment? It's that we should love one another as He loved us. Jesus here emphasizes that keeping His commandment is necessary for one to abide in the love and grace of God. The singularity of the commandment that Jesus here gave us is based on the second greatest commandment; “You will love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22 vs 39.) 


Christianity is based on love. All human relationships that are true and enduring find their bond in the action of love. The extent to which Jesus went to give Himself for His friends, the believers, manifests the extent of the love about which Jesus speaks. The greatest expression of love that can be made is that one lay down his life for his friend.   


Though this seems a very high standard and unattainable, but God will never give us an impossible task. This is because, as a believer, you are assured of His fellowship with you at all times (Matthew 28 vs 20), and with Him nothing is impossible (Luke 1 vs 37). I am persuaded that it is achievable, and starts with the very first step of obedience to the commandment. Just start today to show love, no matter how minute it might be or seem, then the Holy Spirit, our Helper, will strengthen you to do more. 


Please take just a minute to imagine and appreciate the extent of Christ's love for us. Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." ,(John 15 vs 13.) He gave up His life that you and I would live. He knew no sin, but was made sin because of you and I, that we might be made that righteousness of God in Him (Second Corinthians 5 vs 21). Again for His grace, though He was rich, yet for our sakes He became poor, that we through His poverty might be rich (Second Corinthians 8 vs 9). In my considered opinion, His love for us is unimaginable and unparalleled!


Christians are supposed to have "an inexpressible and glorious joy" in Christ. But many have not yet begun to imagine the kind of Christian experience awaiting them in friendship with the Lord in whom they have placed their faith and trust. Unfortunately, the experience of many is more like "an inexpressible depression and life filled with worry". Nonetheless, one thing is certain; our personal and intimate relationship with God of the universe is exciting and will produce significant spiritual and physical benefits as our knowledge of Him and intimacy grows.


Prayer: Abba Father, You chose me even when I am worthless in my sin nature. You loved me and gave Your precious and inestimable life for me. You have appointed me that I should bear fruit in obedience to Your commandment. Engrace me, My Messiah, in my quest to obey, amidst my weaknesses, that I may be worthy of an intimate friendship and relationship with You, in Jesus' Name I have prayed, Amen.

PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments:

Featured post

Prayer Against Evil Pattern

 PRAYER AGAINST EVIL PATTERN. Today, we're praying against evil pattern in our lives and family. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed a...