Monday 30 September 2024

WHEN GOD SEEMS FAR AWAY FROM YOU!

 EVERYDAY IN THE WORD!


TUESDAY OCTOBER 01, 2024.


SUBJECT: WHEN GOD SEEMS FAR AWAY FROM YOU! 


Memory verse: "Why do You stand afar off, O LORD? Why do You hide in times of trouble? (Psalm 10 vs 1.)


READ: Psalm 13 vs 1 - 6:

13:1: How long, O Lord? Will You forget me? for ever? How long will You hide Your face from me?

13:2: How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long will my enemy be exalted over me?

13:3: Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: Enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death.

13:4: Lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed against him”; lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

13:5: But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.

13:6: I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me.


INTIMATION:

It is natural for the believer to feel that God has distanced Himself from him when he is in trouble. The fact is that God has not distanced Himself from the believer. Rather the believer has moved away from Him. The fact is that God is transcendent, but He also allows life and nature to continue their natural courses. God knows the end from the beginning, perfect in timing, and works all things together for good, achieving His predetermined purposes even in the midst of the troubles. The believer must remember that God does not move away from him in time of trouble. 


For instance, Job wondered why God would allow great calamity to come upon him if He were a God who is transcendent in the affairs of man (Job 13 vs 24). He never knew God’s purpose of allowing Satan to bring the calamities his way, but at the end Job was better off than he was from the beginning of his troubles. 


In our memory verse, the psalm writer said, “Why do you hide in times of trouble?” To him God seemed far away. But even though the writer had honest doubts, he did not stop praying or conclude that God no longer cared. He was not complaining but simply asking God to hurry to his aid. It is during those times when we feel most alone or oppressed that we need to keep praying, telling God about our troubles.


Sometimes all we need to do is talk over a problem with a friend to help put it in perspective. God is such a friend. Just like David expressed his feelings to God and found strength. By the end of his prayer, he was able to confess hope and trust in God. Through prayer we can express our feelings and talk our problems out with God. He helps us regain the right perspective, and this gives us peace. 


In times of distress, some of us frequently claim that God is slow to act on their behalf. Yes we often feel this same impatience. Our duty, however, is to continue to trust God no matter how long we have to wait for God’s help or justice to be realized. When you feel impatient, always remember to put your faith in God’s unfailing love. 


In the passage we read today, David was faithful to God and trusted wholeheartedly in Him, but he felt the pressure of his problems as much as anyone. Instead of giving up or giving in, however, David held on to his faith. In times of despair, it is much harder to hold on than to give up. But if you give up on God, you give in to a life of despair. 


Let your feelings not be controlled by the events around you, but rather by faith in God’s ability to give you strength. When nothing makes sense, and when troubles seem more than you can bear, remember that God gives strength. Take your eyes off your difficulties and look up to God who controls all circumstances. 


Prophet Habakkuk says in Habakkuk 3 vs 17 - 19: “Although the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be in the vines; though the labour of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like bear's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills.”


God will give His followers strength and confidence in difficult times. They will run surefooted as deer across rough and dangerous terrain. At the proper time, God will bring about His justice and completely rid the world of evil. In the meantime God’s people need to live in the strength of His Spirit, confident in His ultimate victory over evil. God is our refuge even in the midst of total destruction. He is not merely a temporary retreat, He is our eternal refuge and can provide strength in any circumstances. 


Prayer: Abba Father, You are Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent. There is nothing difficult nor impossible with You, and You control all circumstances. I will cast all my cares on You because You cares for me. In all circumstances You are my only God. Whatever You can’t do for me let it remain undone, whatever You can’t give me may I never have it. Daily I empty myself before You for whatever You have for me, in Jesus’ Name I have prayed, Amen.

PRAISE THE LORD!


No comments:

Featured post

Prayer Against Evil Pattern

 PRAYER AGAINST EVIL PATTERN. Today, we're praying against evil pattern in our lives and family. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed a...