Friday 6 September 2024

BE CANDID IN YOUR PRAYERS!

 EVERYDAY IN THE WORD!


FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 06, 2024.


SUBJECT: BE CANDID IN YOUR PRAYERS! 


Memory verse: "But Hannah answered and said, “No , my lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD." (First Samuel 1 vs 15.)


READ: First Samuel 1 vs 10 - 11; 15 - 16:

1:10: And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed to the LORD and wept in anguish.

1:11: Then she made a vow and said, “O LORD of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, But will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.

1:15: But Hannah answered and said, “No , my lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD. 

1:16: Do not consider your maidservant a wicked woman, for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief I have spoken until now.


INTIMATION:

Knowing that God is an All-knowing God, we should go to Him in prayers with total sincerity of heart, and frankness in all intents and purposes. Don't keep anything back. Don't ask for what you really don't want, or promise to do something you can't or won't do. Remember He already knows your heart. 


In the passage we read today, the Scripture tells us the story of Hannah. She had no child for her husband who really loved her. She was greatly discouraged and bitter because the husband's other wife had children and ridiculed her. Her loving husband could not solve her problem. She then turned to the Provider of solutions to all problems in prayer. Eventually, Hannah discovered that an honest and fervent prayer opens the way for God to work. 


Hannah made a vow in return for having a mail child; to dedicate him to God for lifetime service. God gave her a son named Samuel. She lived up to her promise, and God even blessed her with five more children excluding Samuel. 


Each of us may face times of barrenness when nothing seems to work in our work, service, or even relationships. It is difficult to pray in faith when we feel so ineffective, but Hannah did. We should always be careful what we promise in prayer because God may take us up on it. Hannah so desperately wanted a child that she was willing to strike a bargain with God. God took her up on her promise, and to her credit, she did her part, even though it was painful.


Although, we are not in a position to barter with God, He may still choose to answer a prayer that has no promises attached. When you pray, ask yourself, 'Will I follow through on any promises I make to God if He grants my request?' It is dishonest and dangerous to ignore a promise, especially to God. God keeps His promises, and He expects you to keep yours. The antidote to discouragement is telling God honestly of your problem, how you feel, and then leave your problems with Him.


God created you and knows you. All you are passing through, and the circumstances surrounding you in life are all known to Him, hence He is called “the All-knowing God.” If you know this why present yourself in prayers in partial sincerity. God hates lie, and liars are of the devil—the father of it. Prayers without complete sincerity is a sin, and an abomination before God.


Prayer: Abba Father, the earth is Yours and the fullness thereof, Your counsel stands forever. I will commune with You in prayers in complete frankness, for You already know my thoughts before I say them, and is pleased with the truth. Give me the grace to commune with you in all sincerity and truth, in Jesus’ Name I have prayed, Amen.

PRAISE THE LORD!


No comments:

Featured post

Prayer Against Evil Pattern

 PRAYER AGAINST EVIL PATTERN. Today, we're praying against evil pattern in our lives and family. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed a...